Tuesday, June 24, 2008

#25: Murder/Suicide

Please forgive. I'm going to go off on a rant today. Something has really been eating at me and I just have to put it down in words.

Is there anything more cowardly than killing someone before turning the gun on yourself?

This week, a man in our area killed his two sons...a 5-year old and a 2-year old. Then killed himself. I wish he had survived his suicide attempt, just so I could beat the *&^% out of him. What a coward. Who kills an innocent, defenseless child? Those poor boys. I am angry as hell about this. I've heard stories that people who commit crimes against children get treated pretty badly in prison. I hope hell is the same way. I hope there's a special place in hell where the torment is turned up a notch for someone who takes the life of a child.

I wonder where this phenomenon came from? Where did such selfishness originate...that a person could not see beyond their own circumstances and decide that death is better than life...for everyone involved?

Let's be honest: I know life can get hard. I know that you can get so desperate that you can't see a way out. But if you're at the end of your rope and the only way you can see out is death.... then so be it. But you have no right to make that decision for another person. Who knows what those boys would have grown up to be? Who knows what potential they had? You robbed them of all of that because of your own selfishness. And then, you cowardly took your own life to avoid the ramifications of your sin.

Murder/Suicides: You Suck.

No comments: