Tuesday, October 28, 2008

#39: Political Advertising

Ugh.
I probably don't have to write much about this one. You probably already get it. It's bad enough that we have to endure McCain calling Obama this...and Obama calling McCain that. But then you have your state candidates who add to the mix. And, what's worse, the terrible local, low-budget political ads.

Enough already!

You can't watch a single program...on any channel...without being bombarded with this crap.
Some are worthless. Some are just plain mudslinging. At least some are funny:



Let's be honest: Yeah, television advertising is a powerful medium. And yes, most voters are so stupid they'll believe anything you tell them on TV. "Obama's gonna raise your taxes!", "McCain is a George Bush clone!" I get it. I get that you have to attack the airwaves with ads to keep your name, agenda out front. But geez...have we pushed the limit this election or what?

Political Ads: You Suck!

I'm Hoover Maneuver and I approve this message.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize it but I have a related politician. UGH, that SUCKS!

She is a 2nd cousin by marriage once removed ((once removed means divorced, right)), but once family, always family.