Ordinarily, I would put these kinds of things on my Things That Suck list, but since Monique has been such a good sport on my blog, I will oblige.
1) What was I doing 10 years ago? Well, believe it or not, 10 years ago I was actually a television news anchor. I co-hosted a two-hour morning program on the ABC affiliate in Colorado Springs, CO. Talk about things that suck: I woke up every morning at 1 o'clock...had to be at work by 2:00am. The show went on at 7:00 and lasted til 9:00. Then I would work on stories/special reports/series...whatever...for the rest of the day. Usually, I'd get home around 2pm. Long days. Short pay. But I actually enjoyed the job--for the most part.
2) 5 things on my to do list for today. Well, today I'm hosting an event in Old Colorado City. It's a Wild West Shootout. Yep. I'm really not much of a "cowboy" though I grew up in south Texas. But I've been hosting this event for six years now...and it's a blast. People travel from all over the country to take part in the Quick Draw competition. They use real guns...with blanks. The blanks are strong enough to burst a balloon at six feet away, so the shooters square off and everything's set to a timer. When the light goes on, they draw and shoot. A digital timer tells who popped their balloon first. Seriously, I've seen shooters pop their balloon in .65 seconds. Amazing these guys. So...that's one thing. The other things on my list are to spend time with my 14-month old son. I've got to put some edging in my backyard. And I might do some grilling too. Mmmmm. Mmmmm.
3) Snacks I enjoy. Anything unhealthy! Ha! My favorite food in the world is french fries. I also like potato chips...nachos and popcorn. I'm not much of a fruit eater. Though I do like an occasional pear, apple or banana. Oh...and I'm addicted to dark chocolate. 70% cocoa is the best!
4) Things I would do if I were a Billionaire. Pay off debt. We've been actually really good about cutting down our debt over the past five years. One credit card left to go. Would be nice to be out from under it! Then, I'd buy our dream home in the mountains in Colorado. Nothing ridiculous...just a good sized log home with a scenic view...and a stream so I could go fly fishing anytime I want. I already travel the world a lot, but there are some places I've never been that I'd like to visit: Ireland, Australia and Egypt.
5) Places I have lived.Three Rivers, TX. Pettus, TX. Brownwood, TX. Redlands, CA. Waco, TX. Chattanooga, TN. Colorado Springs, CO.
6) Blogger's I want to know about. Hmmm...I haven't really met that many bloggers yet. Monique would've been on my list, but since she's the one who passed this around, I can't send it back to her. So I'd have to choose jamjarsuperstar...who has posted comments on several of my blogs.