Tuesday, July 29, 2008

#31: Loud TV Commercials

WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH TV COMMERCIALS BEING SO LOUD?

I'm sick and tired of having to ride the volume button between my favorite shows and the commercial breaks. Some networks/stations are worse than others. UPN is absolutely terrible about it. As is Comedy Central. Thank God for DVR's...now I can skip past the annoying attempts at TRYING TO SELL ME SOMETHING BY SHOUTING AT ME FOR 30 SECONDS STRAIGHT!

Monday night is one of my favorite television-watching nights. CBS has a string of great comedies: Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Two and a Half Men and New Adventures of Old Christine. Good stuff...and perfect placement by the network. I'm usually in dire need of a few good laughs after a Monday at work!

BUT THEN COME THE COMMERCIAL BREAKS!

HOLY COW!

Let's be honest: I know advertisers try to bump their audio up to get your attention. But this is frickin' 2008. Why don't we have a device that regulates audio coming into our television sets. (Do they still call them "sets"...geez, I'm a geezer.) And if you figure out how to make all the audio the same level--across the board--could someone please teach the people at iPod that too? It's impossible to get all of your songs to play at the same level on that device too. But I'm getting off-track here.

LOUD TV COMMERCIALS: YOU SUCK!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Do they still call them "sets"...geez, I'm a geezer."

LOL Me too.

I don't usually sit and watch tv. It's on and I'm moving around, normally tuned into Nickelodeon. My suckage topic would be the same 5 commercials on that channel.

If I have to see, hear or be asked if we can buy Moon Sand again, I may scream in the face of some random stranger walking down the street...

In case you have yet to have this experience, it does look cool, but they are also very proud of their product. Its $20.00 price tag for 3/4th's of cup -- sucks.

"But I'm getting off-track here."

Me too! And mildly ticked.